The New St Boniface Parish Church

 

The foundation stone of the New Church – ‘St Boniface Parish Church’ -waslaidin June 1847 by the Reverend William Adams and building was completed 18 months later at a cost of £3,000.

 

It was designed in the Norman or Romanesque style by Benjamin Ferrey, intended no doubt to reproduce the Old Church on a larger scale. The South transept was added in